In response to new information that we have just received this morning, I regret to inform you that due to the fire situation in the Cradle Mountain region the TLC has taken the incredibly hard decision to cancel the Vale of Belvoir Discovery day on Saturday 30 January.
As we mentioned in our last update via email yesterday the direct risk to the Vale of Belvoir Reserve is very low, and with the predicted cooler temperatures and rain over the coming days, the risk is predicted to reduce further.
However, as the Tasmanian Fire Service and Parks and Wildlife are currently monitoring numerous fires alight in the Cradle Mountain National Park area and attending fires on the west coast, we feel it is considerate to these efforts to stay clear of the area and limit any unnecessary congestion.
While we are deeply disappointed to be cancelling our fully-subscribed, ever-popular event, we feel it is in the best interests of both our supporters and the emergency services crews operating in the area to not introduce so many people into the area while the roads are in use by the emergency services.
We trust that you will understand that we have not made this decision lightly, and we acknowledge this is a sharp turnaround from what we had communicated in our previous email last night.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this incredibly hard decision may have caused and we will be writing to inform you of our next reserve visit which we hope you will able to join.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact TLC Philanthropy and Community Engagement Manager James Hattam (0428 129 285) or TLC Community Engagement Coordinator Phill Roach (0438 826 606).
Thank you so very much for your tremendous support
Jane Hutchinson CEO